6 week Yoga Philosophy classAugust 6, 2020 2021-02-19 16:20
6 week Yoga Philosophy class
8 week Yoga Philosophy online course
This Yoga philosophy online course will focus on introducing you to Yoga philosophy as well as the concepts and history of Yoga. It will cover the various traditional philosophies and viewpoints, insights from modern research and ways in which the essence of this holistic approach can be integrated into a modern lifestyle.
Maharishi Yoga Peeth is bringing traditional Indian Yoga teachings straight from Rishikesh into your living room! Whether you’re new to Yoga or you’re a practicioner who seeks to refresh your knowledge, our online classes will pass on to you our knowledge in the comfort of your own home. In contrast to many other online courses, you will be taught live by our authentic Indian teachers. You can ask questions anytime during the course.
The completion of the course will be rewarded with a Yoga Alliance CE certificate.
The duration of the course will be 8 weeks with 1 hour classes from monday to saturday at 9:30 to 10:30 p.m. IST Indian time. In case you can’t make it to the live classes, video recordings will be sent to you.
- What is Darshanam
- What is Yoga
- Study Art of Yoga Sutras
- The five kosha (bodies)
- What is self-realization & liberation
- What is consciousness
- The four faculties of mind
- Five stages of mind
- The four foundational pillars of life
- Eight limbs of Yoga of Patanjali
- What is waking state in Yogic science
- What is dreaming state in Yogic science
- What is deep sleep state in Yogic science
- What is the subtle bodies Introduction to Indian philosophy
- Concept of panch vritti & panch klesha
- Concept of Yoga according to Patanjali
- Kriya Yoga – A way to overcome inborn afflictions
- Concept of God in Yoga philosophy
- Ashtanga Yoga – a methodology to overcome suffering
- Yamas & Niyamas: foundation of Yogic practices
- Introduction to Samkya philosophy
- Kriya Yoga a methodology to overcome panch-klesha (5 causes of pain and miseries)
- Raj Yoga and Hatha Yoga
We’re happy to see you joining our course!
about your teacher
good to know
For our Yoga philosophy online course, you need a laptop or smartphone, a good internet connection and well functioning speakers or headphones to access our classes. A notebook or papers to take your own notes is highly recommended. Coursebooks will be sent to you as PDF before the start of the course.
Our courses will be held in english, however one doesn’t need to be an advanced english speaker. Yoga connects through spirit and emotions and all exercises will be shown in a practical way.
To obtain a certificate, you will have to complete weekly assignments during the Yoga philosophy online course.
|Start: 20th December 2020||201$|