Hatha Yoga PradipikaJuly 6, 2020 2020-08-27 11:46
Hatha Yoga Pradipika
Hatha Yoga Pradipika
This Hatha Yoga Pradipika Online course is a prerecorded online class where you will learn about traditional Hatha Yoga as it is presented in the Haṭhapradīpikā, more commonly known as the Haṭhayogapradīpikā, or “Light on Haṭha Yoga”, a classic text of Haṭhayoga traditions. Written by the Yogi Svātmārāma around the fifteenth-century CE, this influential sanskrit scripture is a profound treatise on the psychophysical techniques of Haṭha Yoga. Although Svātmārāma wrote his “Light on Haṭha Yoga” in order to illuminate the “darkness caused by too many opinions” (bahumatadhvānte), unfortunately nowadays, especially in the age of online mass-information, many confusions still abound. In our online workshop, an in-depth study of the text will be undertaken, making the concepts clear.
Sanskrit words at times do not have an exact translation in English, which often means that meaning gets lost in the process of translation. We will be explain all concepts with examples for proper conceptual understanding. Likewise we will discuss practical ways to apply these ancient teaching in modern day to day life.
This Hatha Yoga Pradipika Online course is a prerecorded session. After the purchase of the course, we will grant you access to 8 video sessions and assignments. You can complete this course in your own pace, according to your own individual schedule. Our teachers are available to you any time if you have questions.
This course is perfect for you if you’re a Yoga teacher already and want to continue and expand your knowledge about traditional Yoga.
The completion of the course will be rewarded with an 15 hour Yoga Alliance certification.
about the facilitator
For our Hatha Yoga Pradipika online course, you need a computer/ laptop/ tablet/ smartphone, a good internet connection and well functioning speakers or headphones to access our classes. A notebook or papers to take your own notes is highly recommended. Please download the Zoom app before the start of the course.
- duration: 1 month
- classes: saturday and sunday 4:30pm – 6pm (IST – Indian time)
- classes will be video recorded so you can chose to either attend to our live classes or to access our course via recordings
- if you can’t make it to the live classes, you can still ask your questions via email and we will answer them in the next class/recording
- additionally, you will have to complete a quiz every week
Our courses will be held in english.
- 12 hours of recorded sessions (contact hours)
- 3 hours of assignments and tests to assess the understanding of participants (non-contact hours)
- handouts & notes
- a 15 hours Yoga Alliance (CEP) certification from Maharishi Yogapeeth upon completion of the Hatha Yoga Pradipika online course
After the payment of the course fee, you will receive a link to access the classes and video recordings. This workshop is only meant for sincere students of Yoga. Without handing in the required assignments, you will not receive a certification. Please note that the course fee is non refundable. However, if you can’t start the course due to severe circumstances, please get in touch with us and we’ll find a solution.
|anytime / self-paced||51$|